- Richardson, J., McLeod, S., & Dikkers, A. G. (under review). How do school districts treat K-12 principals and principal candidates with online credentials? Submitted to Harvard Educational Review.
- Richardson, J., McLeod, S., & Dikkers, A. G. (under review). Perceptions of online credentials for school principals. Submitted to Journal of Educational Administration.
- McLeod, S., & Richardson, J. (under review). The dearth of technology-related articles in educational leadership scholarship. For special issue of Journal of School Leadership.
- Richardson, J., & McLeod, S. (under review). Technology leadership in Native American schools. Submitted to Journal of Research in Rural Education.
- Richardson, J., & McLeod, S. (2009, October). Where should educational leadership authors publish to get noticed by the top journals in the discipline? Educational Administration Quarterly, 45(4), 631–639.
- Calabrese, R. L, Roberts, B. E., McLeod, S., Niles, R., Christopherson, K., Singh, P., & Berry, M. (2008). Emerging technologies in global communication: Using appreciative inquiry to improve the preparation of school administrators. International Journal of Educational Management, 22(7), 696–709.
- Hughes, J. E., McLeod, S., Brown, R., Maeda, Y., & Choi, J. (2007). Academic achievement and perceptions of the learning environment in virtual and traditional secondary mathematics classrooms. American Journal of Distance Education, 21(4), 199–214.
- Hughes, J. E., McLeod, S., Brahier, B., Dikkers, A. G., & Whiteside, A. (2005). School technology leadership: Theory to practice. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 9(2), 51–55.
- McLeod, S., & Ysseldyke, J. (2008). Best practices in digital technology usage by data-driven school psychologists. In A. Thomas & J. Grimes (Eds.), Best practices in school psychology V (Vol. 5, pp. 1859–1868). Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Ysseldyke, J., & McLeod, S. (2007). Using technology tools to facilitate response to intervention. In S. R. Jimerson, M. K. Burns, & A. M. VanDerHeyden (Eds.), The handbook of response to intervention: The science and practice of assessment and intervention (pp. 396–407). New York, NY: Springer Science.